Consular Services - Police Clearance Certificate (Police Record)
Procedures for obtaining Police Record
Police records may be obtained from the Criminal Records Office of the Police Department, 34 Duke Street, Kingston, Jamaica.
The following documents should be submitted:
- Three passport-sized photographs, one of which must be certified by either a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace, Family Physician or Consular Officer;
- Two (2) sets of finger prints of each hand;
- Certified copy of the data page of applicant’s passport;
- Cover letter, addressed to the Senior Superintended of Police and signed by the applicant, requesting the certificate and stating the reason the police Certificate is needed e.g. for a work permit or permanent residence application etc. The application should be addressed to:
Senior Superintended of Police
i/c Technical Services Division
34 Duke street
- Last home address and place of employment (if appropriate), in Jamaica;
- An international Money Order in either United States Dollars (USD$), Pound Sterling (￡) or Canadian Dollars (CAD$). This should be drawn in the amount equivalent to the Jamaican processing fees and made payable to the Commissioner of Police:
The Following processing times do not include the time taken to transmit the document and begins on the day the application is received by the Technical Services Division.
- Normal Service - Twenty-one (21) Working Days - JMD $3,000.
- Express Service - Five (5) Working Days - JMD $6,000.
- Next Day Service - JMD $8,000.
Applications may be submitted through the Embassy of Jamaican Japan or forwarded by registered mail directly to the Criminal Records Office. However, a certified letter of authorization must be provided if the police record application is to be submitted or collected by someone other than the applicant. The bearer must show photo identification.